Sunday, September 6, 2009

It's Been A While

Well, apparently I don't have as much to say as I thought I did. LOL! Or, maybe I'm just too busy. I've started homeschooling Luke for pre-K and we are having a great time. He pretty much begs to "do school" every day. This is somewhat the opposite of what I thought it would be like. It's interesting to watch him learn and figure out how he's learning. We've only been doing it a week but he's proud that he recognizes the letter A now and he knows what sound it makes. I have several friends who are homeschooling also and am part of a homeschooling group. Some of the women in that group amaze me. One has been homeschooling for over 20 years. When I first started looking at curriculum I was so overwhelmed and thought to myself, "There's a reason why we PAY people to educate our children". However, I feel priveleged to be educating Luke this year. Who knows if it will continue or not. I think if Luke has anything to say about it, it will. He's such a momma's boy! I don't think I would mind. I think it would be kind of fun to relearn some things. :)

Another new thing that is keeping me busy is a workout schedule. For the past year I've sat in Nathan's room and watched the neighbor lady take walks...sometimes two to three a day while feeding Nathan. It was a bummer. I wanted to go exercise sooooo bad. So, I finally did something about it and rejoined the gym. Ahhhhhh! I love the feeling of being physically tired and sore. Seriously! It's been great. Of course, during the exercise it's not so great. But the feeling after....is priceless. I can see some results also...so that's rewarding. :) And, I have to say that having a little alone me time is good too. It's good to have a workout buddy also to motivate me. It's even inspired Marc to get back on the band wagon. Go Us!