Sunday, August 2, 2009

Here I Go.....

Well....here I go. I've officially become a blogger! Does that mean I'm up with the times now? LOL! Seriously, I've just found myself wanting to write to "vent" the good or the bad lately. When I met Marc I started keeping a journal. I wanted to remember every detail of our courtship...yes, it was that special. And, I did a REALLY good job of keeping that journal. Occasionally, we'll pull it out (yes, I shared it with Marc after we got married) and read some of it to remind ourselves of those days. It usually involves a lot of laughing. It is a treasure and I hope one day my boys might appreciate reading about their parents. I hope it inspires their "dating experience". So, after we got married....the journal kind of fell by the wayside. Hmmmmm.....so, maybe this will be a way that I can share my thoughts again...:) At least it will be a way I can get them out of my head. :)

So, the thought for the day is....why does the body of Christ invent so many stupid "man-made" rules? Seriously, I think sometimes God sadly shakes his head and says, "That's not my way". Don't get me wrong...there is a place for rules...without them...there would be chaos...or worse. However, I think some rules are made without thought...I mean real thought. For instance, do people really think about what the purpose of a rule is and how will it effect others? Is the rule really necessary? Is there a better way to accomplish something? I don't know. All I know is that today my family was slapped with a "rule" that made us feel rejected and quite frankly sent us into a tailspin, so to speak. In our eyes...the rule we were presented with is a STUPID rule! In others eyes...maybe not. Maybe it's just your perspective. Maybe if we all looked to the Lord and His absolute authority and asked ourselves what we should do, if anything...maybe fewer people would walk away from the church shaking their heads and maybe more would be embraced into a loving, highly effectual church family. Just a thought....at least it's out of my head now. :)

1 comment:

  1. Well, I am SO VERY EXCITED to read your thoughts!!! I'm so happy that you have a blog now!!! And I'm so sorry about whatever happened! I look forward to seeing you this week hopefully!

    ReplyDelete